These are the terms and conditions (the “Terms”) governing the use of the hosting platform and related services (the “Platform”) and your participation in any virtual event, meeting, fair, virtual booth, show, seminar or conference (the “Virtual Event”) owned and operated by MulticityTV OÜ (registry code: 16067851) (the “MCTV”). By registering for the Virtual Event, you agree to these Terms, which form a binding legal contract between the Virtual Event owner and host, (MCTV) and the registered attendee, uploader of content or participant (“you” or “Participant”). If you are registering on behalf of another individual, it is your responsibility to ensure the person participating is aware of these Terms and accepts them. By completing the registration on behalf of another individual you are warranting that you have their permission to complete the registration on their behalf and have made the Participant aware of these terms and that they have accepted these terms.
1 Participant Requirements
1.1 Access. Your registration entitles you to access the Virtual Event for which you have registered. Any and all other costs associated with your attendance shall be borne solely by you, and MCTV shall have no liability for such costs.
1.2 Use of Likeness. By participating in the Virtual Event, you acknowledge and agree to grant MCTV the right at the Virtual Event to record, film, live stream, photograph, or capture your likeness in any media now available or hereafter developed and to distribute, broadcast, use, or otherwise globally to disseminate, in perpetuity, such media without any further approval from you or any payment to you. This grant to MCTV includes, but is not limited to, the right to edit such media, the right to use the media alone or together with other information, and the right to allow others to use or disseminate the media.
1.3 Virtual Event Content. You acknowledge and agree that MCTV, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to change any and all aspects of the Virtual Event, including but not limited to, the Virtual Event name, themes, content, program, speakers, performers, hosts, moderators, venue and time. Virtual Event content is recorded by MCTV and will be accessible to registrants.
2 Prohibited Conduct
2.1 Limitations on Use. By registering for a MCTV Virtual Event you agree not to sell, trade, transfer, or share your complimentary access link and/or code, unless such transfer is granted by MCTV. If MCTV determines that you have violated this policy, MCTV may cancel your access, retain any payments made by you, report you to law enforcement authorities, and ban you from future Virtual Events.
2.2 Disruptive Conduct. You acknowledge and agree that MCTV reserves the right to remove you from the Virtual Event if MCTV, in its sole discretion, determines that your participation or behaviour create a disruption or hinder the Virtual Event or the enjoyment of the Virtual Event content by other Participants.
2.3 Recording, Live Streaming, and Videotaping. Participants may not record or broadcast audio or video of sessions at Virtual Events for commercial use and retransmission of the content on other Platforms than MCTV’s selected ones.
2.4 Unethical/Non-Compliant Business Practices. MCTV reserves the right to deny participation to anyone who engages in or is reputed to engage in unethical or non-compliant business practices.
2.5 In addition to the requirements and prohibitions set forth in this Section 2, MCTV may also exclude any prospective participant from registering for or participating in any Virtual Event, in MCTV’s sole discretion.
3 Fees and Registration
3.1 Payment. The payment of the applicable fee for the Virtual Event is due upon registration. If such payment is insufficient or declined for any reason, MCTV may refuse to allow you to access the Virtual Event and shall have no liability in that regard.
3.2 Taxes. The fees may be subject to value added tax or other taxes and duties which, if applicable, will be charged to you in addition to the fees.
4 Cancellation and Quality Assurance
4.1 MCTV strives to provide you with the most productive and effective event experience possible. As speakers are confirmed months before the Virtual Event, some speaker changes or topic changes may occur in the program. MCTV is not responsible for speaker changes but will work to ensure a comparable speaker is located to participate in the program.
4.2 In any other case, cancellations are subject to the entire Virtual Event registration fee. All sales are final. No payments will be refunded or refundable. Please note that if you do not cancel and do not access the Virtual Event, you are still responsible for payment. In no event shall the MCTV be obligated to refund all of the registration fee.
4.3 If MCTV is prevented from carrying out its obligations as it pertains to the Virtual Event you registered for as a result of any cause beyond its control, or such Virtual Event cannot be virtually conducted because of a software or issue with the Platform or due to a force majeure event defined on the basis of the Estonian Law of Obligations Act, MCTV shall have the right to immediately terminate the affected Virtual Event without liability and shall be relieved of its obligations to Registrant. If the affected Virtual Event is terminated due to a Force Majeure occurrence before the first day of the Virtual Event, then MCTV will reschedule the affected Virtual Event and your registration fee will be applied to the rescheduled Virtual Event.
5 Virtual Event Registration Confirmation
5.1 Once you have completed your registration, you will receive your registration confirmation by email. Please ensure that your valid email is entered correctly on the registration form. Be sure to check your junk email box too in case any of your Virtual Event email(s) are caught by spam filters.
5.2 You will receive essential information for registered attendees electronically at the email address and mailing address that are provided on your registration form.
5.3 In addition, you will also be added to the Virtual Event participant list for notifications of future Virtual Events.
5.4 If you would like to opt-out of any of these benefits, a link is provided in each email to provide the ability to opt-out.
6 Your Privacy Is Important to Us
7 Intellectual Property
7.1 All intellectual property rights in and to the Virtual Event, the Virtual Event content, the hosting platform and all materials distributed at or in connection with the Virtual Event are owned by MCTV, or the Virtual Event sponsors, exhibitors or speakers presenting at the Virtual Event. You may not use or reproduce or allow anyone to use or reproduce any trademarks or other trade names appearing at the Virtual Event, in any Virtual Event content or in any materials distributed at or in connection with the Virtual Event for any reason without the prior written permission of MCTV or respective right holder.
7.2. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, by uploading, submitting, posting, or displaying any information, videos, or other media (together referred to as ”Content”) on or through the Platform, you hereby irrevocably assign and transfer to MCTV, free of charge, all your proprietary rights and interest that you may have to the Content, including copyrights to any works within the meaning of copyright laws.
To the extent that any of the rights pertaining to the Content cannot be assigned (e.g. moral rights), you hereby grant us, free of charge, the exclusive, perpetual and irrevocable right to use all such rights (exclusive global licence) for the entire period of legal protection thereof.
The rights in this section shall be deemed to be transferred to MCTV retroactively, as of the moment of creation of such Content by you.
7.3. So long as you comply with these Terms, we give you a limited, personal, non-exclusive, and non-assignable license to access and use our hosting services of the platform. We can terminate this license by giving you notice with a reasonable period in advance.
7.4. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these Terms shall be deemed to vest in you any legal or beneficial right in or to any trademarks or other intellectual property rights owned or used under license by MCTV or any of its affiliates, nor do these Terms grant to you any right or license to any other intellectual property rights of MCTV or its affiliates, all of which shall at all times remain the exclusive property of MCTTV and its affiliates.
7.5. MCTV does not host some of the content displayed on our services. Users have the ability to post content that is actually hosted by a third party but is embedded in our pages (an “Embed”). When you interact with an Embed, it can send information about your interaction to the hosting third party just as if you were visiting the third party’s site directly. For example, when you load a content with a YouTube video Embed and watch the video, YouTube receives information about your activity, such as your IP address and how much of the video you watch. MCTV does not control what information third parties collect through Embeds or what they do with the information.
8 Disclaimer of Warranties, Limitation of Liability
8.1 MCTV gives no warranties in respect of any aspect of the Virtual Event or any materials related thereto or offered at the Virtual Event and, to the fullest extent possible under the laws governing these Terms, disclaims all implied warranties, including but not limited to warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, timeliness, and merchantability. The Virtual Event is provided on an “as-is” basis. The views, opinions, and positions expressed by the speakers, attendees, sponsors or exhibitors at the Virtual Event are theirs alone and do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or positions of MCTV or any employee thereof. Virtual Event makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, timeliness, suitability, or validity of any information presented by speakers, attendees, exhibitors or sponsors at a MCTV Virtual Event and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. MCTV does not endorse, and expressly disclaims all liability relating to, any of the products or services provided by speakers, attendees, or sponsors.
8.2 Except as required by law, neither MCTV nor its affiliates shall be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential costs, damages or losses arising directly or indirectly from the Virtual Event or other aspect related thereto or in connection with these Terms.
8.3 The maximum aggregate liability of Virtual Event for any claim in any way connected with, or arising from, the Virtual Event or these Terms, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise (including any negligent act or omission), shall be limited to the amount paid by you to MCTV under these Terms.
Virtual Event’s failure to exercise any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder. MCTV shall not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations hereunder where such failure results from any cause beyond MCTV reasonable control. If any provision of these Terms is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that these Terms shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. These Terms are governed by the laws of the Republic of Estonia and the parties shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Estonian courts. If MCTV substantially prevails in an action brought under these Terms, it is entitled to recover from you its reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs. You agree that these Terms constitute a binding agreement between MCTV and you which supersedes and cancels all previous written and oral agreements, communications and other understandings relating to the subject matter of this agreement, and that all modifications must be in a writing signed by both parties, except as otherwise provided herein. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment is created as a result of concluding this agreement and you acknowledge that you do not have any authority of any kind to bind MCTV in any respect whatsoever.
If you are an Exhibitor or Sponsor for a Virtual Event, the following terms and conditions apply to you in addition to and as a part of the Terms and the Agreement:
MulticityTV OÜ is referred to herein as “the Organizer”. “Exhibitor” or “Sponsor” refer to the applicant that signed up as the exhibitor on the sign-up page https://build.multicitytv.com/become-an-exhibitor (“Cover Page”) which forms part of this Agreement.
If the Exhibitor fails to pay the entire Virtual Event Participation Fee at the time specified, or fails to comply with any of the terms and conditions or rules and regulations, the Organizer may reassign the Virtual Exhibition Booth location reserved for the Exhibitor and/or may resell the exhibition booth location to another party. The Organizer reserves the right to charge interest on all overdue amounts under these Terms.
If the use of the Platform for the purpose of a Virtual Exhibition shall become impossible because of a software issue or if the holding of the Virtual Exhibition or the performance of any of the provisions of these Terms are interfered with by virtue of any force majeure event, these Terms, the agreement they constitute and/or the Virtual Exhibition (or any part thereof), may be terminated or cancelled by the Organizer without the Organizer being liable in damages or otherwise to the Exhibitor. The Organizer shall also not be responsible for delays, claims, demands, damages, losses, increased costs, liabilities, changes, actions, expenses or any other unfavourable direct or indirect, consequential or otherwise conditions arising by virtue of any cause not within the control of the Organizer. Upon termination or cancellation of the agreement, the Organizer shall not be liable to the Exhibitor other than for a refund of the contract price paid by the Exhibitor prorated on the basis of the number of exhibition days remaining. For purposes hereof, the phrase “cause not within the control of the Organizer” shall include fire, casualty, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion or accident, blockage, embargo, inclement weather, governmental restraints, restraints or orders of civil defence or military authorities, act of public enemy, riot or civil disturbance or commotion, malicious damage, sabotage, vandalism, acts of terrorism, or other similar activities, strike, lockout, boycott or other labour dispute or disturbance, inability to secure sufficient labour, technical or other personnel, failure, inability to obtain or requisition or commandeering of necessary supplies or equipment, change in local, state or other law, ordinance, rule, order, decree or regulation, whether legislative, executive or judicial.
This Agreement may be terminated by the Organizer if in the Organizer’s opinion, the Exhibitor does not or may be unable to perform or comply with any of its obligations.
Virtual Exhibition Booths will be allocated at the Organizer’s full discretion. The Organizer may change the floor plan and/or the configuration of the Virtual Exhibition Booths.
The Exhibitors are not permitted to give their assigned Virtual Exhibition Booth space either fully or in part to a third party, whether for payment or free of charge.
We may make changes to these Terms in the future and we will notify you of any such changes. It is important that you read any updated terms before you continue to use the MCTV Platform.
Terms & Conditions of using the MulticityTV OÜ’s Platform, last updated 8 April 2021.
By visiting https://multicitytv.com/ or related properties, including, but not limited to https://build.multicitytv.com/ or other MCTV’s hosted domains with the platform’s software (the “Site”), you acknowledge that you have read and understood the processes and policies referred to in this Policy.
“Personal Data” is any information that enables us to identify you, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as your name, identification number, location data, online identifier or one or more factors specific to your physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
Who we are
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”), the Data Controller is MulticityTV OÜ (registry code: 16067851), registered in Tallinn, Estonia with a business address of Laeva 2, 10111, Tallinn, Estonia.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy, please contact us using the Contact section on our Site.
2. HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA
2.1. Personal Data that you give us
We may collect and process the following Personal Data:
• Contact information, which you provide when corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Site and when you report a problem with our Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, phone number, financial information and/or credit card information.
• Due payment information, including financial information such as credit/debit card and account numbers used to process your Virtual Event ticket registration and/or sponsorship or virtual booth payment.
• Purchase information, relating to purchases of delegate passes and Virtual Event participation, either in-person or via our Site. Purchase information will include financial information as well as information concerning the content and time of the purchase.
• Personal data collected through the platform, such as Virtual Event chat history, video and / or voice recording.
2.2. Personal data we collect from you
With regard to each of your visits to the Site we will automatically collect the following information:
• Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
• Information about your visit, including pages you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number; and
• Location information
2.3. Personal Data we collect from other sources
We may collect information about you from publicly available and third-party databases or services that help us identify products and services that may be of interest to you.
2.4. Non-Personal Data
We collect information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser and we may use this information to generate aggregate statistics about visitors to our Site, including, without limitation:
• IP addresses
• Browser type and plug-in details
• Device type (e.g., desktop, laptop, tablet, phone, etc.)
• Operating system
• Local time zone
We may use non-Personal Data for various business purposes such as providing customer service, fraud prevention, market research, and improving our Site. Please check your web browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only process your Personal Data, including sharing it with third parties, where (1) you have provided your consent which can be withdrawn at any time (GDPR Art. 6 (1) a)), (2) the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party to or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract (GDPR Art. 6 (1) b)), (3) we are required by law (GDPR Art. 6 (1) c)), or (4) processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate commercial interests, except where such interests are overridden by your rights and interests (GDPR Art. 6 (1) f)).
3.1. Personal Data that you give us
We may use Personal Data that you provide directly to us for the following purposes:
• to carry out our obligations arising from your Virtual Event registration, or any other contract entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and Virtual Event registration services that you request from us (GDPR Art. 6 (1) b));
• to organize Virtual Events that you have purchased or registered for, and to provide you with information, and other materials, relating to the content of the Virtual Event, the speakers, sponsors and other attendees (GDPR Art. 6 (1) b));
• to provide our newsletter and other publications, provided you have given your consent (GDPR Art. 6 (1) a));
• to respond to your questions and provide related Virtual Event registration services (GDPR Art. 6 (1) b));
• to provide you with information about other Virtual Events, products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased, provided you have not opted-out of receiving that information (GDPR Art. 6 (1) f));
• to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about Virtual Events, products or services we feel may interest you, provided you have given your consent (GDPR Art. 6 (1) a));
• to transfer your information as part of a merger or sale of the business (GDPR Art. 6 (1) f));
• to notify you about changes to our Virtual Events (GDPR Art. 6 (1) b)); and
• to ensure that content from our Site is presented most effectively for you (GDPR Art. 6 (1) f)).
3.2. Information we collect about you
We will use Personal Data that we have collected about your use of our Site for our legitimate interests (GDPR Art. 6 (1) f)) in order to:
• administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• improve our Site to ensure that content is presented most effectively for you and your computer; as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure;
• measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
• make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
3.3. Personal Data we receive from other sources
We will use this data for our legitimate interests (GDPR Art. 6 (1) f)) to improve our services and interaction with you.
4. WHEN WE SHARE AND WHO CAN ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share your Personal Data for the purposes described in this Policy with:
• a member of our group
• partners, suppliers and subcontractors, for the performance of obligations arising from your Virtual Event registration, or any other contract we enter into with them or you or to provide you with the information, products and Virtual Event registration services that you request from us
• analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our Site
• trusted third-party companies and individuals to help us provide, analyse, and improve the Site and our Virtual Event registration services (including but not limited to data storage, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and payment processing)
• in the Virtual Event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
• if MCTV or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
We will only transfer your Personal Data to trusted third-parties who provide sufficient guarantees in respect of the technical and organizational security measures governing the processing to be carried out and who can demonstrate a commitment to compliance with those measures.
Although we use security measures to help protect your Personal Data against loss, misuse or unauthorized disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to us over the internet.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers.
Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
6. TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA (“EEA”)
In order to conduct our economic activities, your personal data may be transferred to and processed by recipients which are located outside the European Economic Area (hereinafter “EEA”). For example, the data servers of some of our third-party providers may be located outside of the European Economic Area.
MCTV will take all measures to ensure that transfers outside the EEA are adequately protected as required by this Policy, the GDPR and applicable law. With respect to transfers to countries not providing an adequate level of data protection, we base the transfer on appropriate safeguards, such as standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission or approved certification mechanisms together with binding and enforceable commitments of the recipient. You can obtain more information or a copy of the appropriate or suitable safeguards by contact us using the Contact section on our Site.
7. HOW LONG WE STORE AND RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will store your Personal Data, in a form which permits us to identify you, for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which the Personal Data is collected. We may retain and use your Personal Data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements and rights. Consistent with these requirements, we will try to delete your Personal Data without undue delay upon request.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with our Site. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you service, contact us at directly at Info@MultiCityTV.com. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We maintain one or more databases to store your Personal Data and may keep such information indefinitely.
9. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES AND SERVICES
Our Sites may contain links to third party websites, applications and services not operated by us. These links are provided as a service and do not imply any endorsement by us of the activities or content of these sites, applications or services nor any association with their operators. Company is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party including websites or services directly linked to our Service. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third party site that you link from our Service.
10. YOUR RIGHTS
If any of the information that we have about you is incorrect, or you wish to have information (including Personal Data) removed from our records, you may do so by contacting us at email@example.com.
Under European data protection law, in certain circumstances, you have the right to:
• Request access to your Personal Data. You may have the right to request access to any Personal Data we hold about you as well as related information, including the purposes for processing the Personal Data, the recipients or categories of recipients with whom the Personal Data has been shared, where possible, the period for which the Personal Data will be stored, the source of the Personal Data, and the existence of any automated decision making.
• Request correction of your Personal Data. You may have the right to obtain without undue delay the rectification of any inaccurate Personal Data we hold about you.
• Request erasure of your Personal Data. You may have the right to request that Personal Data held about you is deleted.
• Object to processing of your Personal Data. You may have the right to prevent or restrict processing of your Personal Data.
• Request restriction of processing your Personal Data
• Request transfer of your Personal Data. You may have the right to request transfer of Personal Data directly to a third party where this is technically feasible.
In addition, where you believe that MCTV has not complied with its obligations under this Policy or European data protection law, you have the right to make a complaint to a complaint to the relevant supervisory authority, which in Estonia is the Data Protection Inspectorate. Their contact details can be found, here: https://www.aki.ee/en/contacts. .
You can exercise any of these rights by contacting us using the Contact section on our website.
Additionally, if you have consented to receive our marketing messages, but no longer prefer to receive such information, please let us know by clicking on the unsubscribe link within any marketing message that you receive, or by sending a message to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us section on our website.
11. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
If we make any material changes to this Policy or the way we use, share or collect personal Data, we will notify you by revising the “Last Updated” date at the top of this Policy
Last updated on: 8 April 2021